In 1956,Bell was established as a division of Bell Auto Parts and Bell Make Good Motorcycle Helmets . Vista Outdoor, an American helmet and bicycle manufacturer, acquired Bell Auto Parts later that year.It has been guided along its journey by Bell Richter, the company’s founder. Richter saw an opportunity to develop exceptional products for the future’s boundary breakers who have an appetite for speed.
The hazards of open vehicles are the same for touring motorcycles, cruisers, and even sports bikes. The crashworthiness of motorcycles is significantly lower than that of cars. The fun part may be there, but there is a risk associated with it, which is why helmets are important. Even though there are an abundance of helmet brands, only a few offer outstanding functionality, high-quality materials, and affordable prices.
Does Bell Make Good Motorcycle Helmets?
The Bell Make Good Motorcycle Helmets vintage visage design and graphic style has been a staple in the motorcycle industry for over 60 years. Though it is primarily focused on dirt racing, it continues to deliver ‘tried and tested’ products along with constant research and development.
There is undoubtedly a wide range of Bell helmets in several different categories and Bell helmets offer some of the best-in-class features. Let’s find out what we like most about Bell helmets:
- Almost all riding styles and types are suitable for Bell helmets.
- A great choice for both amateur and professional riders.
- Prices that are affordable.
- The retention systems are reliable and the fit structure is excellent.
- The ventilation system on most helmets can be adjusted.
- Helmets are almost all SNELL or DOT certified.
- Men and women can wear Bell helmets.
- Perfect for off-roading as well as daily use.
- Helmets made by the company are among the most durable.
- All motorcycle helmets are covered by Bell’s five-year warranty, allowing them to be repaired or replaced for free.
- Across the U.S. and in some countries of Europe, Bell offers Crash Replacement Programs.
Some top riders like Lewis Hamilton, Eli Tomac, Jake Weimer, and Tyler Bowers who compete in Motocross, Supercross, and Formula 1 are Bell brand endorsers.
WHAT DON’T WE LIKE ABOUT BELL HELMETS
There’s no doubt that Bell helmets are great. Their ventilation system is unmatched, and their construction is top-notch. Despite its popularity, there are a few downsides to Bell helmets that have worried some users:
- It is common to find uncomfortable patches or seams in some helmets.
- The majority of Bell helmets suffer from sound protection issues.
- There is insufficient padding in some helmets.
- The weight of some helmets is considerable.
SOME OF THE BEST BELL HELMETS (2021)
Bell Make Good Motorcycle Helmets are known as being durable and provide superior protection among the few leading brands.
Bell Scout Air helmets are Bell Make Good Motorcycle Helmets offer lightweight lateral impact protection that’s the perfect compromise between an open-face and a half helmet. This style provides both a sleek look and maximum protection within every size shell, thanks to its five shells and EPS liners.
- Having an open face
- It is based on TriMatrix technology
- Lightweight inmolded design
- Composite Tri Matrix shell construction
- 5 shells (XS-SM, MD, LG, XL, 2XL)
- 5 EPS sizes (XS-SM, MD, LG, XL, 2XL)
- Includes two peak visors
- Five-year warranty
Pit Boss helmets feel different the first time you put them on. The ultra-lightweight TriMatrix construction achieves DOT certification while staying as light as possible. As with other Bell Make Good Motorcycle Helmets , the Pit Boss also features Bell‘s innovative Speed Dial adjustable fit system, which provides unrivaled levels of comfort while reducing the likelihood of open face helmets slipping off the head. The Pit Boss truly reigns supreme on the wide open road thanks to features like the removable neck curtain and drop down sunshield.
- Face with an open mouth
- Fiberglass, Kevlar, and carbon blend
- Fit is adjustable
- Innovative Speed Dial adjustable fit system
- Internal Sun Shade offers “on the fly” protection from the sun
- Removable neck curtain for cold weather riding
- Convenient speaker pockets make it easy to set up the Pit Boss with communication devices
- Shield offers 100% UVA and UVB protection
- Five-year warranty
- DOT approved
#3 BELL QUALIFIER DLX HELMET
The Bell Qualifier DLX Helmet is packed with features of the Qualifier and the Transitions Face Shield. The RevZilla gear specialists have been crossing time zones faster than Marquez can complete laps at Sachsenring, which is to say a lot faster. In their recent return from Cologne, Germany and Intermot 2014, they have seen the best of what’s new, what’s fun, and what’s worth reporting on in this rapidly growing world. At the International Motorcycle, Scooter, and E-Bike Fair (Intermot) they saw everything from motorcycles with 300 horsepower to a bunch of new helmets, apparel, and accessories. One of the most popular items was the Bell Qualifier DLX Helmet. The initial presentation in Germany revealed a number of incredible features not present in previous iterations. The Bell Make Good Motorcycle Helmets which will come with a free photochromatic face shield from Transitions. I doubt there will be any helmet of this quality at an entry-level price.
- Complete facial expression
- System that releases quickly
- Transitions Adaptive Shield included
- Adjustable ventilation system for cooling and comfort
- Padded wind collar drastically reduces wind and road noise
- Moisture-wicking, removable/washable interior
- Contoured cheek pads
- Includes chin curtain and breath deflector
- Aerodynamic profile resists buffeting and lift
- Integrated speaker pockets
- ClickRelease for the fastest, easiest, tool-free shield changes ever
- NutraFog II superior anti-fog, anti-scratch and UV protected shield
- Padded chin strap with D-ring closure
- Five-year warranty
- DOT and ECE certified
Helmet manufacturers Bell Make Good Motorcycle Helmets are known for their custom-built helmets.Bell Make Good Motorcycle Helmets which are built to meet particular standards and are specially designed to do certain tasks. A motorcycle rider’s performance tool, the Shift Up! is without a doubt one of the best of all time. We continue setting new industry standards by improving overall rider performance and experience by reducing weight, increasing protection, and providing improved airflow in our helmets.